Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Western Holiday

Part two of the winter holiday is well under way.

Flew in on the weekend, had a fantastic time with some paddling friends that hosted me for the first little bit. Sadly no pics but great memories, I'll see them tonight at a canoe club workout I believe.

Chilling here in Calgary at the moment before for we head out for an afternoon at the climbing gym.

Yesterday I finally got back on the slopes for the first time since grade 8 (about 14 yrs!) Needless to say I was a freakin out a little. First time skiing on a mountain too (quite different than the 'hills' in Ontario!). After staying on my feet getting off the chair lift the first time and making it down the hill, it all started coming back to me for the most part. Hit a couple black diamonds (didn't know that's what they were until I was down it already).
But loved it all!
Had a great group of folks with me to share the thrills and laughs with. Made some new friends.

No comments: