Monday, December 22, 2008

On holidays!!!!

After much anticipation, the holidays are finally here! I put my tree up at home the first week of December. It looks kinda pretty with the fireplace and all. The mantle is now covered in Christmas cards (thanks folks!) so I'll have to take a new pic.

I'm back home with my parents for a little while before I go on another adventure. Mom had the trees up and whole house decorated by the time I got home. I swear it gets more and more extravagant every year ... I love it!

A lot has happened this month. I've started climbing with a coworker and absolutely love it!
I submitted my papers for a Leave of Absence. For those that don't know what that means, it's now official that I WON'T be teaching for TDSB next school year. I'll be embarking on my greatest adventure yet. And to assist me in funding that venture ... well, I recieved confirmation from the BC College of Teachers that I am now qualified to teach there for the next 5 years! And if I want a permanent certificate then I have to take some English courses ... damn you Waterloo and lack of English requirements! Now that I have the BC stuff I'll get the Alberta application ready to go in the new year just to keep as many options open as possible. Who knows, I could end up working at a bar somewhere serving drunks to pay my training/traveling bills!

Also this month, I've continued my training with the Premier Womens National Dragon Boat Team. I haven't been named to the team yet but hope my hard work pays off. It's been about 8 weeks now that I've been on a structured plan for the first time since I left Waterloo four years ago. We held a fundraising raffle and I sold the winning ticket for the pair of Leaf tix vs. Ottawa ... go me :)

Don't know what it is about the holidays but it's so easy to go to bed early! This year ... didn't even bother to bring the school bag out of my office. Don't get me wrong, there's work to be done but experience has told me, no work will get done so why bother!

No comments: