Monday, August 11, 2008

At the end of the Worlds

Wow, completely, Wow!



No one could have convinced me four months ago that I would have ever just experienced what just happened the past couple weeks. The people, the paddling, the comradery and support. Everything is working out and I couldn't be happier.


Home from Sacramento with 3 silvers (Open Womens V6 1500m, V6 500m, V12 500m) and a 4th place finish (Open Womens V1 500m). The 4th was unexpected going into it but once there and seeing what my competition was like, damn ... I want more, I wanted that podium!

I had no idea coming into this whole experience what to expect of myself or of my competition. I knew that I wasn't in my best shape. I knew that I was still only on phase 2 of my 3 year program to get myself back up to snuff. But earlier this year I figured what the heck, why not. And that has now become my new motivation ... Why Not.

Part of me feels that this is only the beginning of things to come. It's like I've started living again. I kinda like it :p

No comments: