Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pumping at the World Championships

















So the best thing about this pic is that my pump is clearly visable!
Over the past few days I've answered a lot of "what's that" refering to my insulin pump and me prickin my finger all the time to test. It's kind of obvious that it's there when walking around in sports bra/shorts or bikini. The infusion set is starting to leave tan lines when I change them, looks funny but I think it's kinda cool but hey, that's just me. I've been getting a lot of questions about how can I paddle if I have diabetes, and do I have to watch what I eat really carefully. I love the fact that I get to educate people on what diabetes is and that what they here in the media about diabetes is really all about Type 2 and that what I have is different ... way different! Kinda makes me think that there's a lot of people out there like my teammates that really don't know much about Type 1 Diabetes. I like talking about it, go figure, the teacher likes to educate people about something they don't know much about ... who woulda thunk it!
Anyways, kinda makes me think about how I could reach more people or even help other Type 1s with the management.

No comments: