Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Why Not!" Pays off again!

I just got home through the snow from an amazing evening. When Hedia asked for people to ride in the 24 Hour Spin for Heart at practice a while back, I was like, sounds interesting. Then the email came and just left it in my inbox. Another email came saying she still needed people, so what the heck, why not. It's for charity, it won't cost me anything and I get to ride for however long I want. Signed up for a couple hours.

Wow, such a cool event! Live music on stage infront of a couple hundred spin bikes! The AC/DC tribute band was awesome! But the highlight for me was The Midway State! I had no idea that they were going to be there, they weren't on the published list of entertainment! Dr. Draw was pretty darn good too.

It was interesting to see how my sugars responded to the spinning. It's been a while! I only went low once but the orange slices, crackers/cheese, smoothies, bananas and eload that the volunteers were bringing around brought me back up (with a little help from a couple Dex4 tabs). Spent most of the time in the 5.6 range ... which made me feel really good on the bike! I could have finished the third hour if my replacement hadn't shown up. I ended up getting in 2 hrs 15min. Sweated buckets. Had a crazy sore butt. But wow, so much fun!

No comments: