Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome 2009!

New year, new opportunities, new adventures!

Bring it on!

I've got some cool things on the go with Animas Canada right now.
www.animas.ca - check out "what our pumpers say"
www.childrenwithdiabetes.com - check out "focus on pumping" conference in Toronto in March.

On the training side of things ...
I've been having a rough go since I came back from the holidays. Training was going great until my shoulder started acting up on me. I'm fighting with myself about it. I want to keep training but know that if I continue at the pace I was going, that it will only get worse and I don't want to have to deal with a busted shoulder when I could be on the water. Now is the time to take care of it when the snow is still around and I have the time to do it properly.
Also having some issues with food and my body, I don't get full ... ever! I can eat all night and not be full. It's really starting to concern me. I know I don't need the food, I know that I shouldn't be hungry and that I shouldn't eat ... but I'm having a really really hard time not eating. I'm concerned because all the weight that I dropped in the fall ... back in like 3wks! Now I have 5 wks till I go to Hawaii, a bum shoulder and back to square one in terms of paddling weight!
Hoping I can get some insights and tips this weekend at the 1st Annual Winter Slipstream event put on by ConnectedInMotion. A weekend with active young professionals that also have Type 1 Diabetes. It's kinda neat because ConnectedInMotion is the result of a confersation that I had with another girl I met last November at a Diabetes Conference in TO. We talked about how there must be lots of other people our age out there that love the outdoors and being active to share strategies, tips and tricks for managing our diabetes with. Well, over the past year, Chloe has taken that idea and run with it. She's done an awesome job and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us this weekend.

Work wise ....
Wow, semester 2 starts tomorrow. Really looking forward to starting fresh again with new classes. And finally I have 3 phys eds! Figures, my last semester and I finally get 3/3! Should be interesting, we have a new phys ed guy starting with us too. I haven't even met him yet but hear he's a good guy and will be a great addition to our team. My soccer guys got back to practicing today. I'm looking forward to see how the rest of our indoor season plays out, as well as the City Championships and hopefully an Ofsaa birth!

So much coming down the pipe in the next 5 months!

Stay tuned!

No comments: